Based in the US (flexible on location)
Position Summary: Lead business development and account management in the Americas for IDTechEx market research products and services. This consists of analyst reports, subscriptions and consulting services covering emerging technologies. Contribute to the success of the company across all our products (research and events).
What IDTechEx does: IDTechEx provides technical and market analysis and strategic advice on emerging technologies. Our clients use our insights to make informed strategic business decisions.
Key job responsibilities:
Establish new business relationships through developing prospects from inbound enquiries and through hunting new opportunities
Understand IDTechEx solutions and identify appropriate clients, with the ability to clearly articulate our value and uniques
- Manage select existing accounts with an understanding of client needs and our research solutions
- Identify and realize sales growth opportunities within existing accounts and with new business
- Customer contact through calls, visits, event attendance using appropriate sales strategies and tools (analyst interaction, product demonstrations etc). This will include:
- Organize face to face meetings with clients and decision-making prospects for you and IDTechEx analysts to attend. These will be done on a regular basis and will involve considerable travel
Represent IDTechEx on our booth where we exhibit (and recommend where we should exhibit), at events, in networking forums etc
- Through calls, visits and other means target, identify and realize business with decision makers
Desirable experience and skills:
- Successful track record in selling and servicing to clients in technical industries (materials, electronics etc) OR in selling and servicing technical research products and consulting services
- A technical/technology background
- Experience selling research or consulting services would be desirable
- Proven ability to hunt and close completely new business
- Proven ability to manage and successfully grow and renew accounts
- Results driven, highly self motivated and the ability to learn research materials quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to match client needs with relevant solutions
- Positive, can-do attitude with sense of urgency
- Comfortable working from home office with an international team
Comments on the role:
Significant travel will be required, typically 35%, mostly within the US but with some international travel.
Once proven, there is an opportunity for the candidate to structure, recruit and manage an appropriate territorial sales team.
The candidate will mainly be focusing on new business development.
IDTechEx is a research and events firm covering emerging technologies. We support our global clients from our bases in four countries, providing them with data and insights on which they can make informed strategic decisions. We are an established 20 year-old company with strong employee engagement. We value entrepreneurial spirit and superb customer service. Learn more at www.IDTechEx.com.