We have an exciting new opportunity for applicants who have acquired specific technical expertise to join us as a Technology Analyst. Particular focus will be relating to developments in advanced materials and their addressable markets. IDTechEx current portfolio includes graphene, composites (metal, polymer, and ceramic), lightweight metals, organic electronics, quantum dots, aerogels, and many more.
This position will be ideal for someone who wishes to travel extensively and work within a multinational team of bright and ambitious analysts at the exciting interface of emerging technologies. IDTechEx will facilitate your rapid personal and professional growth.
You will develop your expertise and gain worldwide recognition on a range of emerging technology areas, assessing both the technical and the commercial aspects.
You will use your knowledge, insight and analysis to deliver unmatched business intelligence on emerging technologies and to help our clients make business-critical informed decisions regarding their technology strategies.
There will be international travel - to learn and interpret the latest developments in your domain; to meet customers and innovative companies; to disseminate your knowledge and to promote IDTechEx at a global level.
You will be given client-facing responsibilities from the very start and there will be ample opportunity to participate in a range of strategic business development and marketing activities.
We expect you to become the go-to analyst/consultant in your domain of expertise. You will be recognised as a leading, trusted name in the industry to enable you to become the reference point for companies seeking business intelligence and/or commercialisation advice.
• Conduct technology assessments; provide business insights, market forecasts and player analysis to write reports and/or deliver consulting projects.
• Conduct and track technology progress via company updates and regulation changes through face-to-face, telephone meetings and conference attendance, etc.
• Visit clients in person or conduct telephone interviews (often with global players)
• Represent IDTechEx at both our own international events and forums as well as other leading industry conferences. You will be expected to present your research findings and strategic insights where possible
• Actively promote IDTechEx and its products and services by writing articles, giving interviews with the media and delivering public speeches
• Assist our Events team with building conference programmes and developing topic-specific event strategy
• Be proactive in helping our business development team win new opportunities
• A strong record of academic achievement, including a Undergraduate/Master's degree in a STEM subject. A PhD is desirable, but not necessarily required.
• 1-2 years commercial/technical experience is ideal in a relevant sector
• Excellent ability to seek out and present compelling new information and articulate an analysis both verbally and in writing, with accompanying visuals (charts, infographics, etc.)
• Strong attention to detail and quantitative problem-solving skills
• Experienced user of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must be confident in giving presentations in front of an audience
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as having a collaborative attitude to your work, you are expected to be part of a team and coach and motivate others when necessary
• A desire and drive to continuously learn about new emerging technologies and their real-world applications
• It is advantageous, but not necessary, to be proficient in another language, in particular German, Japanese and Korean
All of our analysts will have many customer facing responsibilities. We will expect you to be highly confident and have excellent interpersonal skills. It goes without saying that we want you to be hugely resourceful and ambitious.
You must be able to commit to regular travel and have eligibility to work in the UK on applying for this role.
This role is based in Cambridge.
How to apply
IDTechEx provides independent business intelligence, strategy consulting and events in high-growth emerging technology areas such as electric vehicles, energy harvesting, advanced materials, robotics, printed electronics, Internet of Things, 3D printing, Life Science and wearable electronics.
Founded in 1999, we are a global company based in the in UK with presence in Japan, Germany, USA and Korea.
To learn more about us, visit www.IDTechEx.com.